[Doctorow-L] Where to catch me at Burning Man!

Cory Doctorow doctorow at craphound.com
Wed Aug 21 09:35:37 EDT 2019

This is my last day at my desk until Labor Day: tomorrow, we're driving
to Burning Man to get our annual dirtrave fix! If you're heading to the
playa, here's three places and times you can find me:

1. The Liminal Labs Couch Chat, Weds, 12 noon, at Camp Liminal Labs
(8:15 and Center Camp). Liminal Labs is my camp (celebrating its 21st
year!), and every year, we put on a public lecture. This year, I'm
hosting Andrew "bunnie" Huang the legendary hardware hacker and
entrepreneur whom EFF is representing in a lawsuit to overturn part of
the DMCA to make it legal to bypass DRM.

Seating is always limited at these things (our living room is big, but
it's not that big!) so come by early!

2. Center Camp Speaker Series, Weds, 3PM, at Center Camp Cafe. I'm doing
a solo talk on the Center Camp stage again, about Big Tech, competition,
and corruption.

3. Palenque Norte at Camp Soft Landings, Fri, 1PM, 8:30 and E. I'll be
talking about "Surveillance Capitalism" and our "epistemological
crisis," and how we can choose to fix Big Tech, or the internet, but not
both.

https://boingboing.net/2019/08/21/brc-or-bust.html